About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 25 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Morning Meeting 7:45-8:00 8:00-9:30 Math Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Guided Reading 9:40-10:35 Fine Arts 10:35-11:25 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, September 4, 2026

Week 5

 Dear Parents, 

          This week in reading we Listened to the story Picture Day Perfection. We created mental images as we read and discussed the story. We learned that this story was realistic fiction. Everything in the story could have happened, but it was a made up story. We then took a comprehension check about it. We listened to the story It’s Only Stanley. We stopped just as there was an explosion. The children drew a picture about what they thought happened because of what they had heard thus far. We continued Learning about how to be a good citizen at school, home, and in our community. I led them on a guided direction page and assessed them at how well they followed directions. On Friday we learned about Labor Day and why we celebrate this holiday.

           In Math we had lots of fun as we asked questions, created our own, and created addition and subtraction stories about bar graphs and pictographs. We are really good at organizing our data. We also began fluency flight on iready which will help us with memorizing our addition and subtraction facts.

            In writing we learned how to be fearless spellers and use charts such as an alphabet chart, consonant cluster chart, and a word wall chart to help us spell.

            In science we continued to learn about how scientists stay safe, the tools scientists use and what an engineer does and why he/she does it. Next Week Wonder Wagon will be coming. If you are signed up in Volly and would like to come help during our time, here is the link to sign up for 9:30-10:40 on Sept 10th:  Voly Link   

 

  • One student lost his or her Leader in Me Poster- I have it. I just need to know who to give it back to.

 

Have a wonderful, relaxing three day weekend with your family!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment