About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Week Ten

Dear Parents,
                   We had another amazing week of learning and creating together! Make sure you click on the link below my name to see some of the amazing things we created! The challenge in science was to choose from some materials including pipe cleaners, spaghetti noodles, string, rubber bands, and tape to build a structure that would hold a cotton ball higher than any other groups! The winners are on our blog page. Wednesday was building day. Five groups had the afternoon to construct an area of their choice: Urban Area, Suburban area, or Rural area. The finished products are also on our blog!

                   The report cards are available to view on Skyward. I have attached the directions as well as our weekly newsletter to our weekly e-mail. I know that you will all be proud of your child for his/her hard work this nine weeks! This second six weeks I am giving my students more responsibility to check over their work to make sure all is completed before it is turned in to me. Last nine weeks I would return work that had not been finished and have them complete it before grading. I encourage you to let your child be the one to fill out his/her math and reading logs. The more responsibility we give them, the more they begin to take on naturally on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment