About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, December 11, 2015

Week 15

Dear Parents,
      It has been another great week of learning! We have been looking at movement in Science and have done a lot of interesting activities to show spinning, sliding and rolling. They are looking forward to completing our time trials through a zig-zag course.
       In reading  and writing we so enjoyed our journey on the Polar Express! We documented our favorite parts on a train and found words within the story to write a poem. We have said goodbye to Fall and Hello to Winter by writing a poem and decorating out hallway bulletin boards with wintry scenes and acrostics. You might be able to recognize your child amongst our snowmen!
       We have mastered regrouping in math. It was a long hard week of correcting our work, writing our problems correctly and solving them with pictures, models, and problems.
        In Social Studies we took a look at different holidays and traditions our families have done each year and how we celebrate them. We also continued to read about the growth of population in America over time. We saw how people became immigrants to this country and read a picture book of one man’s life story . (His immigration from Japan, his exploration of North America, and how he chose to settle in California)
         Middle School Mentors from Killian had a blast learning with our students. 
         I sent your child home with my present to them … a book! I hope you enjoy reading it together this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment