About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, May 20, 2016

Week 35

Dear Parents,
    Wow! It is really winding down! The children have loved focusing on poetry this week in reading and language. Look for their poetry books to come home next week. Each child wrote five poems. The are definitely keep sakes! In math we are finishing up with graphing and will take our end of year CBA next week. We have learned so much this year! I know they will all do their best! In Social Studies we finished our Bell Books and will create the cover and send it home next week. We learned a lot about our national symbols and landmarks. Please have your child share all that he/she has learned. In science we finished up animal characteristics and took our last assessment! It has been a fantastic year of learning. I know all my students are ready for third grade!

     
*If you are coming to our end of year assembly you have to bring in an ID. We will collect IDs in the office and give them back as you leave.
        

*Librarians from the Carrollton Public Library visited CRE this week and shared with students about their summer reading program. Please see the attached flyer for more information. Summer Reading will begin on June 2 and end on August 21. The Carrollton Public Library will offer fun prizes, free books, and cool programs to attend.  New this year, they will have a prize drawing for all who complete a reading log. 

No comments:

Post a Comment