About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, November 4, 2016

Week 11

Dear Parents,
             In math we learned how to compose, decompose and write numbers to the thousands place in many ways. We looked at clues and figured out which numbers could or could not be our mystery number. We had fun learning about folktales as we read How the Chipmunk got His Stripes  in reading.  We got to write our own folktale and we made a class book. In writing we learned about who veterans are and why we celebrate Veteran’s Day! We read a play and wrote letters to the veterans who will be visiting our school on November 11th! Some students wrote a Veteran Acrostic Poem to enter the CRE poetry contest. In science we’ve been learning about sound, light, and heat energy. We did some interesting experiments in a dark closet! Ask your child what we did! In social studies we’ve been learning about the upcoming election and what a big responsibility voting is. We had another lesson I was not counting on … I got to explain about the duty of a voter to serve on juries as I had jury duty this Thursday and was not at school. I was happy to serve for the day, but was relieved to be back in my classroom on Friday. 
Have a great weekend!
  • Don’t forget to turn your clocks back on Saturday night for DayLight Savings Time!
  • Please send in $8.00 per student and the permission forms for the Perot Museum Field trip
  • I still need two chaperones to come with us to the Perot Museum


No comments:

Post a Comment