About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Week 16a

Dear Parents,

            Well it is three days away from winter break! This week we worked really hard on addition, subtraction, using a hundreds chart to solve problems and two step problems. The assessment was taken on Thursday. In language we continued to learn about the plural forms of nouns: adding s, es, changing y to I and adding es and irregular nouns such as foot/feet. In reading we read Click Clack Moo Cows That Type and compared it to one of that author’s similar books! Ask them about the Duck Character. He truly is a character! In science we had a wonderful time exploring rocks. We weighed them , measured them, observed their properties, tested whether they would float or sink, tested if they could be scratched by a nail or penny, and tested if they would bubble when a drop of vinegar was put on their rocks. In social studies we have been reading Gingerbread stories and even tasted gingerbread! There will be no spelling words next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment