About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, September 1, 2017

Week 1

Dear Parents,
   It was a great first week! I was happy to see a lot of you at our second grade parent meeting on Tuesday evening. If you could not attend, I sent home the second grade packet with the information that we went over in it in your child’s daily blue folder on Wednesday after school. If you have questions about anything, please contact me and I will answer your questions. If your child has not been able to log into fasttmath, don’t be concerned. It sometimes takes a few weeks for the district to get all the new students entered. There are forms inside the packet for you to fill out and return to school. They will help me meet the needs of your child and family. In math this week we began exploring manipulative and started learning our math routines. We reviewed both analog and digital clocks to the hour and half hour. In writing we are set up our writing journal, learned how to use our spelling dictionaries, and write about our feelings about the first day of school. We are finishing up our T-Riffic Summer T-shirt books. In reading we learned the routines, how to read to self, how to read with a buddy, and began building our reading stamina as we read books from our book box and a story called a different tune. In Science we set up our science journal, discussed the scientific method, observation and did a cooperative activity. Ask your child how they saved Sam, the gummy bear! In social studies we are discussing manner, created our class rules so we can all feel comfortable and learn in our classroom. Most of us shared our Me Bags today. Two children forgot them, one child was absent. Please send them in on Tuesday. This is a social studies participation grade. It was fun learning about each other. I can tell that it is going to be another fantastic year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment