About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Week 27

Dear Parents,
            We spent three days on time to the minute this week. It was a very hard concept for this group. Thank you for the extra support at home doing the homework pages. We worked small group, whole group and one on one on this skill. We have moved on to area, but telling time to the minute will be on our next test. Thank you for continuing to work with your children reinforcing this skill.
            In writing this week we finished up our imaginative stories and went on to writing a folktale. I am really impressed with the imagination and care put into these stories. I will be hanging them in our classroom and out in the hall for all to see. Next week we will be going on to poetry using sensory details. Please remember to have your child bring in an object from home on Monday. A letter explaining is in your child’s Coyote Friday folder.
           In reading we continued on with our media literacy unit. The children chose a story and created a movie poster about it. They were given a rubric to follow so they know how it will be scored.
           In science we have been focusing on the parts of a plant and what the purpose of each part is. We even planted seeds of our own and are watching them to see when they will sprout. We learned that all plants need to sprout is air, warmth and water. They need a few things more, like soil, sun and nutrients to grow into healthy plants.
           In social studies we’ve continued on with mapping skills. We learned what a map looks like that has a bird’s eye view. We even created a bird’s eye view map of our classroom and had a rubric to follow to know how it will be scored.
           It was so nice talking to you about your children! Spring conferences are completed for everyone who signed up. If you still wish to have a conference please e-mail me and we will set one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment