About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Week 24

Dear Parents,
        We continued to work on three digit subtraction with regrouping. We added the harder skill of trading across a zero. I am so proud of their effort to push through this tough concept. Next week we will have mixed practice with addition and subtracting three digit numbers with and without regrouping.
        In language and reading and  we have been researching using multiple resources. We are using books, ipads, and chrome books to got to different websites to learn about our chosen three landforms. This report will contain information learned, reworded and revised to make an interesting report. We used connecting words to combine sentences and used adjectives to describe our landforms. We are using paragraphing as well. 
        In science we are finishing up our unit on objects in the sky! We cannot wait to begin our unit on weather. We will be observing and recording things like temperature, wind direction, and cloud cover. We will be learning what a meteorologist does.
        In social studies we have been creating our own continent by adding landforms to the land. We made a map key and named our special continent.
         A big thank you to Mrs. Clarke and Mrs. Patel for a wonderful Valentine Party! The children had pretzels and strawberries, then got to play a fun game that was a Valentine version of pin the tail on the donkey. They also got to create their own ice cream sundae. Some children chose to make creative cards with the supplies that were brought while others just loved digging through their Valentine cards and treats. 
Just a reminder that Six Flags Read to Succeed Logs are due back to me by Thursday, February 21st.  The time read is to be 360 minutes or more and must be signed by the parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment