About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, September 20, 2019

Week 6

Dear Parents, 
         Thank you so much for signing up for conferences. I still need three parents to send in their form. I’m sending home a copy of the times and dates that were taken. If there is an X on the spot, that time is no longer available. Conferences start next Monday. I sent home a conference confirmation form in your child’s Coyote Folder tonight if you have been scheduled. I will send a reminder home the night before your conference. I’m looking forward to meeting with you to discuss your child’s progress thus far.
         In math this week we concluded our unit on counting coins and took our assessment on Wednesday and Thursday. We proved our answers and did very well. We are learning that using the strategies we learn in class, helps us get correct answers. 
 On Friday we started our new unit on solving addition and subtraction stories using multiple strategies.
         In reading we learned all about our Constitution. We learned the meaning behind the words of the pledge of allegiance and why we respect our flag as well as how we take care of our flag. We continued in guided reading groups with taking running records on everyone to see if we can raise our reading levels.
          In writing we learned about the writing process and began editing and revising our fall personal narratives . There was much excitement in the room as we became word detectives and began this process. We also focused on using the dictionary to help us. We went on a dictionary dig to see how a dictionary is set up. We found the guide words, the definition, the page numbers and used the word in  sentence.
          In science we finished Unit 2 on properties of matter and took our assessment on Wednesday. We looked at the icons for the big idea and details and realized the connection between Unit 1 and Unit 2. In Unit 1 we learned what scientists do and in Unit 2 we used those skills to BE scientists. We finished the week with a CER activity. We made a claim and found evidence to support our claim.

Book Fair will be here the week of September 30 – October 4, 2019. Please see the attached letter for times, special events, and more! If you are interested in volunteering, visit https://tinyurl.com/y4cvzpnk to sign up.


No comments:

Post a Comment