About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Week 18

 Dear Parents,
      This week in math we focused on place value in numbers to 999. We wrote them in word form, expanded form, standard form and drew models of each number. Later in the week we found missing numbers on a number line. We then made open number lines and placed numbers where they should go.
      In reading we read many holiday books and practiced writing story structure, sequencing of events and even did a directed drawing of a poinsettia. 
      In language we learned the parts of a letter and began writing a letter to a person of our choice. We will continue tis after our break so we can take our letters to final copy and deliver them in person.
      In science we began our unit on bodies of water. We compared and contrasted fresh and salt water sources using a Venn diagram. We also observed some fresh and salt water samples and wrote about our observations.
      We finished up the week with our pj, hot chocolate, and Polar Express Day! The Winter Party was a huge success due to Haleigh Scott our room mom! The children had so much fun! At our sing a long and Leader in Me recognition rally we recognized Kaden and Aarya for being leaders in our room.
STEM Night was so much fun! I saw a few of my students! Thank you for coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment