About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, November 20, 2020

Week 14

 Dear Parents,

       Another great week of learning is behind us! In math we started a new unit which began with the skill of understanding the difference between odd and even numbers. We then started looking at beginning multiplication by building towers with snap cubes. We made sure each floor of our tower had an equal number of rooms. This correlates to multiplication because we multiply the number of groups by the number within each group ( the floors and the rooms in our towers). We then realized that multiplication is just repeated addition. We had fun drawing our own array town with various sized buildings.

     In writing we began an expository piece in which we chose our favorite celebration. We are generating the reasons why that celebration is our favorite on a flee map.

     In reading we have been reding Thanksgiving stories and Scholastic News articles about the first Thanksgiving. We have been finding our answers within the text as evidence.

     In science we have been doing investigations with force and motion. We painted with marbles using push and pull movements. We learned the more force we used the faster our marble went. We also observed several experiments in which things could slide, roll, or spin. Many children had never seen a yo-yo! A toy from my youth.

     It has been wonderful wrapping up our fall conferences this week. If you did not get a chance to sign up, or did and missed your time. Feel free to contact me after the break and I would be happy to meet with you.

     I hope you all enjoy a wonderful week with family and friends! I am thankful for my sweet students and families!

 

Important Dates:

         11/9-11/22 CRE Book Fair

11/23-11/27. Thanksgiving Holidays - no school

12/18. Early Release - 11:45AM

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment