About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Week 1

 Dear Parents,

      Tomorrow is meet the teacher from 5:00-6:30- I am so looking forward to meeting my 20 new students! The room is ready for the children to explore. When you come tomorrow please bring your child’s supplies. You can Just leave them on your child’s chair, and I’ll put them away before the first day of school. That way you and your son or daughter can just enjoy exploring the room together. There is a manilla folder on your child’s desk full of second grade information as well as a couple of pages you can fill out at home and return. Please take the folder home. I also have a small little gift on their desks as well.

      On Friday afternoon I sent out a quick welcome letter asking parents to respond so that I can update my parent e-mail list if need be. I have only heard from 6 parents as of yet. I also would like to know how your child is getting home from school the first day and the rest of the year. If your child will be riding to a daycare, please send the name of which one. If your child is riding the bus home, please use the bus locater link from my first email to find the bus number. Children get very anxious the first day of school and knowing for sure how they are getting home first thing, helps them relax and enjoy their day. Thank you in advance for getting this information to me.

        On the first day of school your child will be coming to our classroom by themselves. Only Kindergarten and Pre-K parents are being allowed to walk their children to the room. If your child has supplies too heavy to carry, just ask and we will make sure to help! Please send a water bottle and a snack every day. Second graders use the bottle filling station to refill water bottles during the day.

        There will always be a second grade newsletter attached to my weekly emails. A paper copy of this letter will come home on Fridays in your child’s Coyote Folder. Please let me know if I can help you in any way! 😊

 

No comments:

Post a Comment