About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, November 12, 2021

Week 15

 Dear Parents,

        This week in math we began  multiplication as repeated addition as we built buildings with floors that had the same number of rooms.We ended the week by comparing repeated addition to equal groups. We chanted the first number is the groups the second number is the dots. We showed that drawing 3x4 is different than drawing 4x3. They have the same answer, but one has 3 groups with 4 dots in each group as the other one has 4 groups with 3 dots in each group. They both have a product of 12 total dots.

         In writing we worked on our explain why papers, then took a break to make a special keepsake for each child to give you next week. We wanted to make sure there was plenty of time to do our very best. We will continue drafting our expository papers next week.

         In reading we learned about nonfiction text features and read two interesting Scholastic News stories. We answered comprehension questions, questions about the main ideas and details, as well as the nonfiction text features we saw.

         In science we had fun learning about magnets by digging for buried treasure. We saw what things were magnetic and nonmagnetic. Then we had a magnetic hunt in our classroom. We did a talk, read, talk write activity and played a vocabulary game. We are next talking about forces as pushes and pulls and will paint with marbles to test out these forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment