About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, January 21, 2022

Week 21

 Dear Parents,

        This week in math we had many different skills utilized with numbers to 1,200. We read clues, used reasoning to identify a number, we compared numbers to see which was greater than, less than or equal to each other, and we ordered the numbers from greatest to least and least to greatest. I was really proud of my students as they picked up these skills easily.

         In writing we continued drafting poems and visualizing some to put in our poetry book. Reading also was focused on poetry as we read poems about weather, discussed them, talked about interesting words and what the poems were mainly about. We pointed out all the elements of poetry we saw in these poems and then we took a comprehension check over three poems.

          In social studies we are beginning our map skills and will focus on a different one each Monday. This week we learned about the differences between maps and globes.

           In science we worked on our performance task about using resources to build a very strong house that would keep even the Big Bad Wolf out. Not even he could blow our house down! We took a cloze procedure paper over the vocabulary we learned and took our assessment on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment