About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Week Nine

Dear Parents,
       Its hard to believe that the first nine weeks is over! It has been a wonderful time of learning, guiding and now releasing your children to be more independent in accomplishing their daily work. Remember that you will only receive a paper copy of the report card if you checked the appropriate box in skyward. The rest of you will be viewing your child’s final grades on line on Friday, Oct. 31st..
        The children were so excited to share their Pumpkin projects today! I could see all the hard work and time that went into each one. If for some reason your child did not complete the project, please send it by Monday as this grade will be reflected on the first nine weeks report card. The deadline for entering grades is Monday night. This affects five students.
        Next week is Red Ribbon Week. The students are to help support a drug free awareness by wearing red on Monday, wearing PJ’s on Tuesday, Being a twin on Wednesday, wearing a sports related shirt on Thursday and may dress up as a book character on Friday!

         See the attached flyer about the reflections contest. Our classroom could win an ice-cream party!

No comments:

Post a Comment