About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, March 6, 2015

Week 25

Dear Parents,
        This week we have been busy finishing up our projects and putting our work into portfolios for Open House. We were disappointed it had to be canceled. The new date for Open House will be March 19th from 5:30-7:00. We cannot wait to show you all of our hard work. It is amazing how wintry the weather has gotten, but the children love playing in the snow. 
       We are having fun playing games such as collect $0.50 in math. We have been listening to poetry, visualizing and inferring in reading. We have begun learning about adjectives in language and have chosen five of our favorites to create adjective flowers. In social studies we are learning about consumers and producers. In science we have been learning about the sun and the moon and created a double bubble thinking map to show how they are alike and different.


I hope you have a wonderful Spring Break with your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment