About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, March 20, 2015

Week 26

Dear Parents,
       It was a wonderful week of learning! The children came back tired from all their activities over Spring Break, but ready to learn. It was great to see a lot of you for open house! The children love to show you all they have learned and created during the year. If you were unable to come, your child’s portfolio will be coming home this Friday. The work that is on display in the hallway will come home at a later date. These items can be added to your child’s portfolio as you receive them. Pieces of work have been saved since the beginning of second grade. You will be able to see the growth your child has made so far. Next Friday is the end of the 3rd nine weeks. One more nine week period of learning left in second grade! As the weather gets nicer, please help me keep your children on track with their homework as well as their math and reading logs. I will continue to have them work to their best ability until the very last day of school. I want each of my students well prepared for third grade so that they will have a successful year. 
       In math this week we learned about adding ten more/ten less or one hundred more/one hundred less to a number. We even celebrated St. Patrick’s Day with Lucky Charm Math! In science we have begun our unit on weather. We will be using weather tools, observing the weather and collecting weather data for ten days. In social studies we  finished up our unit on economics. In language arts we are looking at what good authors do in their writing and finishing up our lessons on adjectives.



* Thank you to those of you who sent in soda pop tops. We collected them for the Ronald McDonald House. We turned them into my Aunt’s business where it is one of their charities. They wrote us a thank you. My aunt visited our class in September when she had told them about saving the tops from soda cans. On their own my students said they would like to help. We have collected two zip lock bags full this year. I am so proud of this thoughtful group of students!

No comments:

Post a Comment