About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, September 18, 2015

Week 4

Dear Parents, 
                 We are really starting to be responsible second graders! Children are learning the routines … starting to know when things are due each week. If you could please help your child remember when homework is due, Math/Reading Logs are to be turned in, when to study for spell check or to reread a story of the week and learn the vocabulary. I am trying to help your child become more independent. Please remind him/her about these things or even make a daily check list for him/her to follow, but let your child place all that he/she needs for the day in his/her backpack. My second graders try to blame their parents for missing work, books or folders. My response is that Mommy and Daddy already completed second grade. It is not their responsibility. As you can guess, I am also a parent who was blamed as well for many years. I am helping your child get ready for next year. As the grades progress, your child will need to be responsible for more things. Please realize if a think sheet goes home, that it is not a punishment. Putting our thoughts in writing help us remember what we should be doing. A child who comes home with a 1, 2, or 3 next to one of the behaviors listed on the behavior sheet in their blue daily folder are not in trouble. They just may need to talk about a better choice. A 4 or 5, however, means that it is a consistent behavior and we may need to work together to help your child be successful in second grade. If you need reminders of when things are due, you can look at week 3 on my blog. It is listed there. Please feel free to contact me at any time with any concerns. I will get back to you the same day, if possible.

A few reminders:
  1. Students can bring Boosterthon pledge/donation $ any day, however, Tuesday, September 22nd is the next collection day
  2. Above I have attached our Newsletter and two forms about the Reflections contest
  3. There is a field trip form in your child’s coyote folder (please sign, and return with the $13 fee)
  4. Your child’s first progress report is in the Coyote Folder. In the future, only children who are below 75% in any class will get a paper copy


No comments:

Post a Comment