About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week 18

Dear Parents,
         We had another great week of learning. We continued to work on our biography reports. We are still in the process of presenting them, so the research notes are a part of the 2nd nine weeks’ grades; the presentations and final papers/posters will be part of the 3rd nine weeks’ grades. I will be holding onto these projects as they will be displayed at open house along with many more pieces of work that I’ve been collecting.
          In Math we have continued to focus on 3 digit subtraction with regrouping, two step problems and will soon be transitioning back to three digit addition with regrouping. Please continue to reinforce their math facts at home by having your child do fasttmath 2-3 times a week. Remember, you can click on the link at the bottom of this page to go to my blog. Then just click on the fasttmath link under links for learning. User name is your child’s last initial, first initial and his/her student number. Example user name for John Smith: sm12458532 The password is abc123 for all students. Please contact me if you need to know your child’s student number.
            We learned about Martin Luther King Jr. and are writing our dreams for our communities, country and the world. We have some amazing dreams!
             This reading test over the penguin chick was a very difficult one. The children were allowed to use their books to go back to prove the answers to the comprehension questions. Nonfiction texts are more difficult to read, but the answers can always be found within the text.

             I hope you enjoy this three day weekend with your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment