About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, January 22, 2016

Week 19

Dear Parents,
         It was a quick week, but another wonderful week of learning. We have a few more biography presentations to finish next week, but are working with an app to add one more activity to our research experience. Ask your child about Chatterkid. They are making their biographies come to life! In addition to tour projects we learned how to write a friendly letter. We are writing a letter to a classmate who moved to another LISD school. We can’t wait to hear back from him.
         In math we continued to use our two digit addition problems to check our subtraction answers. We learned two step problems and how to tell if a story problem is addition or subtraction. Please continue to practice both three digit addition and subtraction with and without regrouping. This as well as fasttmath practice could be the math log time.
          During reading this week, we learned about nonfiction text features and created our own books. I am test DRA levels once again at midyear to see the progress that has been made. I sent January’s istation report home in your child’s coyote folder today.
           In Social studies we are learning about wants, needs, consumers and producers. 

*Report cards are available on Skyward. If you requested a paper copy, it is in your child’s coyote folder. A Honor roll and perfect attendance awards also went home today.

*Please sign up to support our school in Jump Rope for Heart with the American Heart Association (envelopes are in the coyote folders)


*The 21 day snack challenge is going on. Please sign up on line. We only need three more families to participate to get 100%! Have your child bring fresh fruit on Monday to earn extra points!

No comments:

Post a Comment