About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Week 2

Parents, 
          We had another great week of learning! My second graders are learning their routines, my expectations, as well as how to challenge themselves. Things are going smoothly and lots of quality work and assessments are being done! 
              In math this week we focused on odd and even numbers. This group seems to get the concept already! In writing we are learning about nouns and writing about people, places and things that are important to us. 
              In reading we enjoyed the story Henry and Mudge. We took our first reading and vocabulary assessment. If a child gets below a 70% they may retake the test. 
              In science we learned about what scientists do and our safety rules. If your child has not had you sign the safety contract and signed it themselves, please do so and return the paper to school so your child can earn his/her safety license. 
              In social studies we learned the Leader in Me habit of "Begin With The End In Mind”. We thought about the goals we wish to set for the end of second grade. Then we thought of three things to help us reach the goal that was most important to us.I know when we work together we can help each child reach their goals.

            Thank you again for supporting our school through the Coyote Ridge Fun Run!

This weekend we are issuing a special challenge. Visit funrun.com to see the bonus prize your child can earn simply by getting a total of $2 per lap in new pledges (or $60 in flat donations) this weekend only.

And if you’re looking for an easy way to ask for a pledge, create your very own Student Star Video by uploading a photo of your student to funrun.com. It’s a fun movie trailer starring your child! You can share it on email or social media to ask for a pledge.

Thank you again for helping our class.

PS - If you haven’t registered your child on funrun.com, use our school registration code: 254966

  • PLEASE reply to this e-mail by writing only your child’s name and the word YES if I can post pictures of your child on our classroom blog or NO if you would rather I not post any pictures of your child.( I have only had 10 parents reply so pictures cannot be posted on the blog)
  • A blue link to our blog is in my signature line below. I post pictures of classroom activities, field trips, assemblies and learning opportunities we have in our room. I will not post any pictures of your child until I have permission from you.
  • If you would like to donate an item from our wish list, we could use more indoor recess board games, boy treasure box items, or girl treasure box items.
  I sent a form home on Monday in your child’s blue folder asking for classroom volunteers, at home volunteers, and a room mom. PTA would like to know our room mom for this year. Please let me know if you can help in any way by filling out the form. The room mom position needs to be filled as she helps plan the holiday party and the Valentine”s Day party. Two moms can split the duty.  I appreciate all you do to partner with me to ensure your child has a fun, learning filled year!

I hope you enjoy the long weekend with your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment