About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, September 16, 2016

Week 4

Dear Parents,
           My class is doing so well learning the class routines and rules! They are getting compliments wherever they go! (and Coyote Coupons!) Two weeks ago 12 students did not do their homework. Last week everyone , but one child turned in their homework on Thursday! That child had done it, but forgot his/her folder, so it was brought on Friday! I am so proud of all of them. I need your help, however, getting your child to fill out his/her math and reading log. He/She is to read 15 minutes a night and practice math flash cards 10 minutes a night Monday through Thursday. They turn the folders in on Friday. I still have several children not completing their logs. This is considered a homework responsibility.
        
If you would like to donate an item from our wish list, we could use more indoor recess board games, boy treasure box items, or girl treasure box item. The treasure box has been dipped into a lot with all the good choices being made and red tickets being earned! :)

         Thank you for supporting our school with pledges for the Boosterthon Fun Run! Our class collected $909 to help our school! They all ran their hearts out as fun was had by all!
          Another way you could support our school is to join the PTA. Another form went home today in your child’s coyote folder. If you fill out the form and pay the fee to join, that money supports many special school activities throughout the year that will benefit your child in many ways. Last night was our first PTA meeting. There was a family dinner for those who attended the meeting. Pizza, cookies, and a drink were provided by the PTA. At the meeting they announced that each teacher will receive $40 to spend at this year’s book fair to purchase more classroom books! There is so much more that the PTA does. I have joined as well. I feel that together we can do great things!
  • Check your child’s folder for his/her first progress report!
  • If you would like to be a chaperone on any of our upcoming field trips, please go to lisd.net and complete a background check. They can take more than            three weeks to be processed!
  • Check out our blog to see pictures of our first Prideful Paws!

Thank you again for partnering with me! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment