About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, February 3, 2017

Week 21

Dear Parents,
               Swim Week Was so much fun! We had a few nervous students on Monday, but we were all smiles by Tuesday! Thank you for your support during this fun experience. With Two hours and 15 minutes out of our day, our lessons this week focused on Math, Reading, and Language Arts. It was a full week. In math we wrapped up chapters 7 and 8 and took our assessment. Reading and understanding what process to use to solve a word problem is an important skill. Knowing how to add and subtract two and three diget numbers with and without regrouping was used to solve their word problems. In Reading we read the story, Helen Keller. This was an interesting biography that helped springboard us into researching our own famous Americans. We wrote what it might feel like to be blind after we did an activity with a partner trying to get them to do something like sit in a chair without talking and with their eyes closed. It was an eye opening experience! This research and subsequent project was worked on this week and will continue into next week. They are excited about their research and are thinking critically about which facts will be included in their reports.

  • The Time Line project  is due Feb. 16th
  • Jumprope for Heart is underway! Please pledge to help at heart.org/jump


No comments:

Post a Comment