About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Week 24

Dear Parents,
               Although this was a short week, we got a lot accomplished! In Math we continued learning about multiplication and division problems. We talk about them as equal groups of items. We show that multiplication can be thought of as repeated addition and division can be thought of as repeated subtraction. Writing their own story problems is a challenge!In Language we collected a science writing and created a kite glyph. These kites are hanging in our classroom for you to see next Thursday at open house! In reading we focused on visualizing, or making a movie in our brain as we read a story or poem. A project that shows some of our visualizing will also be hanging in the hallway. In science we continued to study the sky and talk about the phases of the moon and the location of the sun in our sky during the day. In social studies we chose an African American to research for Black History Month. We created pyramids that will be on our desks for open house that shows the major contributions these people made to our country.

  • Please send back the LISDOLA Field Trip Permission Form
  • Please send back the  spring conference preference form so that I may begin scheduling conferences
  • Please send in items for the Big Event (see attached Flyer)

No comments:

Post a Comment