About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, May 19, 2017

Week 35

Dear Parents,
                This week in math we continued with reading the information on a graph and did a review of economics with money, spending, saving and lending. We have some very say second graders when it comes to money! In language we were learning about antonyms and synonyms. We had a lot of fun learning about these words with fun games like who has, questions around the room,  matching, and dominos. In reading we finished learning about the many kinds of poetry and wrote some of our own. We finished up today with a poetry picnic! In science we took our assessment on food chains, and shared our habitat boxes. All did a fantastic job! I was really proud of their hard work and how much they learned about their animals. In social studies we’ve been learning about our three branches of government and all of their responsibilities. We created a government tree to help us remember what we learned.

Yearbooks are here! If you ordered a yearbook, it will be sent home Friday, May 12th! We have a limited number of extra copies for sale in the front office. The cost is $30 and checks can be made out to Coyote Ridge Elementary. These are first come, first served. If you have any questions, you may contact Mrs. Watts at wattsbm@lisd.net

  Library books were due Friday May 19th!
 
May 19th is the last day students can charge a lunch in the cafeteria
    

No comments:

Post a Comment