About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, May 5, 2017

Week 33

Dear Parents,
                     I am really enjoying your children this last month of school! They are being so creative with self chosen projects and are doing their best each day. They do have a bit of summer fever, but that is to be expected. In math we were working on time to the minute, area, perimeter and have begun measuring with inches, yards, and feet! There has been lots of movement around the room as our experts measure everything around them! In Reading we read the story Half Chicken and again focused on cause and effect. This is a difficult skill that takes some higher level thinking, but I was impressed with the group working together to figure out the causes and effects in our story,. In writing we have been working on a special Mother’s Day writing project as well as learning about abbreviations and contractions. In Science we continued learning about animal characteristics. I hope you are having fun helping your child plan their animal project! I can’t wait to see their habitat shoe boxes! In social studies we talked about our local government and the upcoming election day in Carrolton! We can’t wait to find out who the new mayor will be!
                     I was so glad that many of you came to Muffins with Moms. It was a a wonderful morning filled with muffins, pictures and smiles. Thank you for coming! I also want to thank you all for the kind notes, cards, gifts, sweets, flowers, and gift cards I received this week. I definitely felt appreciated as I spent the week being spoiled! Lots of extra hugs were the best part. I feel so blessed to be teaching at a school with so many caring children and parents. Thank you all for making this week so special! 


  • This is a reminder that we are a peanut aware classroom as we have a child that has a life threatening reaction to even breathing peanut dust. I appreciate you checking your child’s snacks.
  • I will have a sub in the room on Monday and Tuesday as I was chosen as one of the small group STAAR administrators. I will be upstairs testing 4th graders. We will have PE on both Monday and Tuesday as the Science specials teacher and her room will be used for testing as well. Please have your child wear their PE shoes these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment