About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Week 32

Dear Parents,
We had another amazing week of learning! In math we finished up our geometry unit and took an assessment on Friday. It went home in your child’s daily folder as we are having another assessment on Monday. In writing we focused on words that sparkle! We have many different projects that we are revising to add the just right words! In reading we read the story   Working in Space . We looked at the graphic features of the story and wrote about if we were an astronaut! In science we finished up our unit on insects as three of our five butterflies came out of their chrysalis. We began our unit on animal characteristics and your child chose an animal for their last home project of the year! They will write a report and create a shoebox habitat. This habitat should have all the things your child’s animal needs to survive in it. An information packet went home in your child’s coyote folder on Friday. In social studies our focus was on Earth Day and how we can take better care of the Earth by doing the three Rs: reduce, reuse, and recycle!

·     Our pillowcases are almost finished! A huge thank you to the mothers of Wafa, Sophia, Yuriana, and Dylan who wrote the poems on them and to Mrs. Clemmons for coming in for two straight days to help get all the handprints on each pillow! All that is left is for some children to sign their names.



No comments:

Post a Comment