About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Week 30

Dear Parents,
             We had a short week, but it was packed full of learning! In math we concluded our unit on fractions. Make sure you ask your child to say our fraction chant! Next up will be our unit on geometry. In writing we have been writing away with our six traits of writing. We are starting with our bold beginnings, following with our mighty middles and closing with our excellent endings! Some great stories are in the making! In reading we learned about story structure with problems and solutions! We took our test on Wednesday because Thursday is jammed pack full of fun learning with our Mystery Hangout being rescheduled for a geography lesson. We will be meeting a classroom from somewhere in the U.S. and racing with them to discover where they are through asking questions and using our map skills. The afternoon will be full of Field Day fun! In Science we are learning about what basic needs plants and animals have. We are finding out how the environment can effect those living organisms. In social studies we have been learning about national symbols and landmarks. The children were  buzzing with lots of interesting facts. Did you know the Liberty Bell weighs over 2,000 pounds? Next week we will conduct research on each child’s chosen landmark or symbol.
             Have a wonderful holiday weekend with your families!

* Thank you to the four volunteer writers for my  pillow project! Is there anyone willing to

No comments:

Post a Comment