About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, April 21, 2017

Week 31

Dear Parents,
        Math this week has been visually challenging. The children were learning about plane shapes and solid or three dimensional shapes. They need to know vocabulary like: faces, edges, vertices, plane shapes, solid figures, plus all the names of these shapes. Sending the homework pages was a way for you to help support the learning of these vocabulary words. In language we talked about the writing trait called voice. We tried to write using different voices, then went back to a current project to see if we could hear our own voice.In reading we read the story How Grounhog"s Garden Grew  and learned more about sequencing of the story. In science we continued with the life cycle of insects and observed as well as watched several different insect life cycles. We even have live butterfly larva that are turning into a chrysalis in our room! We can’t wait to see what kind of butterfly comes out of the chrysalis! We focused on researching famous U.S. Landmarks and symbols and are writing a report on the one of our choice! We can’t wait until the presentations!

*Thank you to the four volunteer writers for my  pillow project! Is there anyone willing to come to school to help with painting hands and making handprints on the pillows? I will start scheduling parents next week as the pillow case poem writer volunteers are sending the pillow cases back to school on Monday! Please let me know as soon as possible if you are available to come help 1 or 2 days next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment