About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Week 11

Dear Parents,
      Wow! I can’t believe the first nine weeks is over and we are a week into our second nine weeks! Math has been a struggle. Addition and subtraction with regrouping is perhaps the most challenging unit that second graders learn. Please continue to reinforce these skills at home. We finished up our week by taking a performance assessment. Next unit we will continue our focus on place value. We look forward to starting it next week.
       In writing we learned about time order words and used them in a few “How To” writings. ( How to Blow out a Birthday Candle, How to make and eat a Rootbeer Float, and How to Bake a Thanksgiving Turkey. Thank you to Mrs. MacKenzie for helping us with our keepsake Thanksgiving placemats and serving us our rooter floats!
        In reading we continued working on our nonfiction feature books, learned about the 50's for the 50th day of school and compared life then to life now. We also read a Scholastic News about Veteran’s Day! We gave our letters we wrote last week to the veterans who are coming to Coyote Ridge tomorrow for our assembly. Please come to join us if you can! We are to wear white shirts tomorrow.
        In science we finished up our unit on Energy: Light, Heat and Sound. We took our assessment.
        In social studies we revisited our Leader in Me habits that we have focused on so far. We have great leaders in the making in our classroom! 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment