About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Week 12

Dear Parents,
           In math we went back to place value. We had fun building our numbers to 999 with place value blocks as well as cheese-it squares for hundreds, pretzel sticks for tens, and marshmallows for ones. Thank you to the parents who donated these items so that we could build our tasty numbers!
           In language we finished up writing our “How to Bake a Thanksgiving Turkey” papers and made them into special  keepsakes to take home for Thanksgiving break.
           In reading we listened to five different Thanksgiving stories and worked on activities that helped us understand each book a little better. We answered comprehension questions, listed our story elements (setting characters, problem/ solution), wrote reading responses, practiced using our adjectives to describe a character, and sorted facts about Native Americans as well as used our map skills to find out where they used to live.
        In science we began our unit on forces, pushing and pulling. We had several hands on experiences with magnets and even saw how a magnet could make a machine work. 
       In social studies we continued learning our Leader in Me Habits. We are learning to synergies while we celebrate our likenesses and differences. We learned to use our strengths and work together. Humility and teamwork were key words in our discussions.
        I hope you all have a wonderful break! I look forward to seeing your children back at school on November 27th!
* Check out our blog by clicking the link in my signature line to see our Veterans Day Assembly. Chase read his friendly letter to the veterans to represent the whole second grade! Congratulations to Kenji who is our new leader of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment