About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, December 8, 2017

Week 14

Dear Parents,
               In math we worked all week on three digit addition with regrouping. We took our test on Friday. Next week we will be moving into three digit subtraction with regrouping. I will be sending homework pages home to practice this new skill.
               In writing we continued filling in our multi-flow map for our “Why” expository writing. We edited and revised our writing and took it to final copy! It is wonderful to read why your children like their favorite holiday. Many of the reasons are because it is a memorable time with family!
               In reading we read the story “Teacher’s Pets.” We have a classroom pet which is a stuffed coyote. The children are looking for leadership qualities in each other and passing it on to spend a day on the desk of an exemplary leader. We have a traveling pet, yet to be named which is a stuffed dog. He is traveling home with students to stay over night for three nights (may be more if over a weekend). If your child brings home our traveling pet, he/she is to write about his/her time with our class pet. Feel free to take pictures of your child and our pet to be printed off and glued in the journal which travels with it.If you cannot print it at home feel free to text me the pictures at 972-896-3123 and I will print them for you. Please help out by making sure our pet, his bed, blanket, food dish and water bowl get returned to school for the next child to take home. I hope you enjoy this project as the children are very excited. I’d love for them to get excited about writing! It will also be fun for them to read the adventures our puppy has at other homes.
              In science we continued to learn about force and motion, As we watched content videos, read and wrote about this topic. We even tried to make our own roller coaster as we talked about the speed on different parts of the track was directly related to the height of the hills.
                In social Studies we talked about apologizing, doing our best work as well as creativity. I love hearing the children discuss these important topics! They are growing as leaders!
                
 * Please send in your donation of $3.00 to cover the cost of  supplies for the snack, a craft, and game child at the holiday party! (We need three more) 


* Please send in a full, white roll of toilet paper so your child can make a snowman pencil holder which will be left on his/her desk in December and January. (We need three more)

No comments:

Post a Comment