About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, May 3, 2019

Week 34

Dear Parents,
      This week in math we finished up our unit on solid and plane shapes, took our assessment on Tuesday, and began our unit on graphing. We will learn how to set up a bar graph as well as a pictograph. We will  learn what it means on a pictograph when a picture means a number more than one.
       In Language we are deep into our researching! We are sifting through all the information and deciding what facts should be included. We will then focus on revising to make our information clear, but use more complex sentences to incorporate  adjectives and adverbs.
       In science we began our life cycle of an insect unit. Since we’ve already witnessed the life cycle of a butterfly and held a Bess Beatle at LISDOLA, we are really excited about this unit.


  • This month our habit day will be May 8th: Sharpen the Saw Day- wear orange! The Habbit 7 papers went home today in your coyote folders. They are also attached for your convenience. Please complete the activity with your child, sign it and return it back to school by Wednesday May 8th. The grade level with the most participation wins a reward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment