About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, October 11, 2019

Week 9

Dear Parents,
      This Week in math we finished up our unit on addition and subtraction stories as well as adding and subtracting on a 100s chart. We took our assessment on Thursday. Next week we will begin our unit on two digit addition which we will learn to solve with regrouping.
       In reading we focused on theme as well as continuing to ask questions and monitor as we read. Please make sure your child is reading each night Monday- Thursday and are filling out their reading log. This is a homework assignment. They turn in their folders to me on Friday.
        In writing we took another personal narrative through the writing process. They are getting really good at planning out their story on a flow map. We make sure there is a beginning, middle and end. We always start with a topic sentence and end with a concluding sentence. We make sure to go back to edit for spelling and punctuation and revise by adding details.
         In science we continued on with our unit on changing and combing matter. We realized that as we combine matter, the matter can do a new job that each of the pieces cannot do alone. We talked about choosing matter based on its properties to do a job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment