About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Week 20

 Dear Parents,

          We had a great week of Learning. In math we continued practicing ordering numbers and recognizing place value. We took the CBA over all the math skills and TEKS we have learned so far. In reading and writing we continued listening to, visualizing and writing our own poems. We will be putting these into a poetry book. In Social Studies we practiced map directions by learning about cardinal and intermediate directions. We also watched some of the live feed from the inauguration and watched President Biden sworn in. In science we began our unit on natural and manmade resources. We looked at objects inside and outside and determined in they were natural or manmade. We had fun finding that objects can be made of wood, plastic, glass, paper, or metal and posted notecards on them during a scavenger hunt in our room.

  • On Friday a special Valentines project came home- but it is homework for the parents! Look in your child’s coyote folder for directions. This will go on our bulletin board in the hallway and becomes a special keepsake for your child. Please cut out, write on and decorate the heart provided. 
  • Way to go! Second grade. We earned extra technology time with our brand new set of class ipads for being the grade level that had the biggest number of students complete the habit form!

Have a great Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment