About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, December 3, 2021

Week 17

Dear Parents,

     This week in math we worked on odd and even numbers. We realized that we can skip count, make partners or teams to help us decide if a number is odd or even. We also learned about numbers to 999. We can write them in standard form, word form , expanded form and draw a model.

      In writing this week we started our unit on correspondence. We wrote thank you notes that we revised and edited and will give to the person we wrote it to. We had a lesson on contractions as well. We are next learning to write a friendly letter.

       In social studies we learned about customs and traditions. We wrote about our favorite family tradition! We wrote a poem called hello Winter by listing things from fall to say goodbye to and saying hello to winter things. We brainstormed many ideas and then the children made a fun project to go along with their poem.

       In science we have been having a wonderful time observing the properties of rocks and comparing rocks. We have measured the diameter as well as the length of our rocks. We tested if they could be scratched by a penny or if they would bubble when we put vinegar on them. We took our assessment on Friday.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment