About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, December 10, 2021

Week 18

  Dear Parents, 

        This Week in Math we were working on representing numbers to 999 on the number line ,also as standard form, expanded form, model  (learning new terminology as sheets, strips and singles), as well as adding 100 0r 10 to those numbers, and subtracting 100 or 10 from those numbers. Please keep practicing the skills of time and counting money at home. When we return from break we will be taking our Math CBA assessment which will be over all the skills we learned thus far.

         In writing we have taken a friendly letter through the writing process. A copy of the letter will go home so that they can mail or hand deliver their letter.

          In reading we have been reading holiday books, using a bubble map to compare them and graphic organizers to recognize the story elements. We also read a Scholastic News who took a ride in a tree to Rockefeller Center.

          In Science we have been learning all about sources of water, both fresh and salt water. We talked about where to find them, their attributes, as well as participating in a talk, read, talk, write activity. We also love playing our vocabulary games!

No comments:

Post a Comment