About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Week 29

 Dear Parents,

        In math we began our unit on fractions. We are working on halves, fourths, and eighths. A fraction is something that has been divided into equal pieces. Every piece has to be the same size. If all the pieces are not the same size then the object does not represent a fraction. The chant to help us remember which number is the numerator and which is the denominator is: “ The top number is the shaded, the bottom number is the parts! “

         In writing we began our class procedural paper on how to draw a crab. Next Week they will choose their own how to topic and write their own paper. We are also learning about prepositions to make our writing more exact, and easy to follow.

          In social studies we are learning all about economics. They are really excited to have a job and receive pay. The earnings list and fines list are really helping the children be motivated to do and be their best! Our room has never been so clean!

          In science we have begun our plant unit. We are learning about the basic needs of plants , their parts, and the functions of those parts!

              

 

Here is the sign up link for Spring Conferences. These are student lead conferences so please have your child attend with you. You will put the name of the parent/parents attending and your child’s name when you choose your slot. I am looking forward to meeting with you and your child.

 

 

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0B4CAFA82AA02-spring1

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment