About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, September 2, 2022

Week 5

 Dear Parents,

         Weve had another great week of learning together! I have been busy assessing your children so that I know just what to do to help them grow in all subject areas. These assessments will be shared at our fall conferences. With 22 students, it has taken me a bit longer this year. Guided reading time has been taken up with pulling students one by one to test them . I was planning on starting this week, but next week will begin our small, guided reading groups. 

           In math we have been working on finding numbers on both closed and open number lines. We have ordered, compared, composed and decomposed two digit numbers. We took our unit assessment on Thursday.

            In writing we have been using authors as mentors and been working on our own books. We are learning that we can be really creative writers and illustrators. We are using our spelling dictionaries and being fearless spellers! I cant wait to read their first books!

             In reading we have read a story about matter which connected to science and filled out a booklet with the information we learned about matter. We read Picture Day Perfection and created mental pictures of the main character as he went through his day. We took our assessment on Thursday.

              In science we have been on several matter hunts as we observed the properties of solids and liquids in our room. We had hands on experience as we classified matter by their properties. We saw two short films on Discovery Education called “What is Matter?”  and “Observing Matter”. 

         

 

*Here is an ESL brochure from Ms. Olivera: ESL brochure 

 

 

*Here is the monthly S’more from Mrs. Moore, our counselor:

 

https://www.smore.com/s7ubw

 

*See the attached information on our upcoming kindness week. During this event we will have a grade level challenge of participation. More information to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment