About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, September 23, 2022

Week 8

 Dear Parents, 

          We are doing a great job of learning how to add two digit numbers with and without regrouping. Please continue to support this difficult skill at home. I want this to become ingrained in their memory as it becomes confusing when we start subtracting with regrouping.

            In writing we are finishing up a final copy of our personal narrative and beginning another one by mapping our writing before we draft on a graphic organizer. We are thinking through our account of our first day of school in a beginning, middle, and end format. We are practicing writing good opening and closing sentences. I was so excited about their creativity as they began drafting their beginnings.

              In reading we learned all about Freedom Week and Constitution Day.  We signed our own classroom constitution, learned about the history of our flag and researched 4 American Symbols.

             In science we took our unit assessment and ended the unit by changing and combining matter to build a boat. The goal was to be able to hold up 10 pennies without sinking. So far Donovan’s boat is in the lead as it took 198 pennies to sink his boat. More boats will be tested on Monday.

 

 

* Pumpkin Projects, Fair Tickets, and Progress Reports came home today.

 

*Here are the links to the Enrichment Calendar. Here you can view when we have PE, so that your child has on gym shoes:

 

September 2022

 

October 2022

 

 

*Hello CRE families!  Thank you for making our Fall Book Fair a huge success!  It was a fun week filled with books, smiles and more books!  I loved seeing all the students' excitement as they walked into the library to see it transformed into the Book Fair!  In the words of one of our littles, "it was magical!"

 

Thank you to our wonderful volunteers for all of their hard work and commitment!  I would also like to thank all of the families who were gracious enough to make book donations to our teachers.  The teachers were so happy to receive the books and I was so happy to see their smiling faces!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

 

There is still time to shop our online Book Fair!  If you are interested, please visit the link below.  The store will close Friday, September 23 at midnight.

 

CRE online Book Fair:  https://bit.ly/CREbookfair

 

No comments:

Post a Comment