About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, October 14, 2022

Week 11

 Dear Parents,

       This week in math we focused on the many kinds of word problems. We read the problems. Put the important information in a beginning, middle and end format. Then we placed that information in our number sentence. After that, we filled in our part/part/whole box to help us decide what process we would use to solve the problem. (addition or subtraction) We had so much fun solving lots of problems! Just ask them about the pringle Ringle!

      In writing we continued writing our narratives, editing, revising and making our published work. We have a couple more days to work on these individual projects. Next we will work on fiction, imaginative stories! I can’t wait to see what creativity ends up on paper.

      In reading we read stories and focused on the central idea as well as the  themes of these great books. Friday was bat day. We got bat rings and listened to the book Stella Luna. We put story cards in order and thought about how bats and birds are alike and different.

       In science we had more fun investigations with sound, using tuning forks. We all got to feel the vibrations and discussed how the soun energy moved objects. We also did a talk read talk write about all three kinds of energy.

 

*There is a new feature for attendance note submissions. Parents can now use this link Attendance Note Submission (lisd.net) to submit doctors notes, personal notes, and etc. 

 

*Parent Conferences are ending this week. Please contact me to sign up (I will work with you if you need another time) or use this link:

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4cafa82aa02-fall2

 

Have a great Weekend! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment