About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Week 19B

 Dear Parents,

    This was a very short week, but I’m sure the children were glad to be back to school. I know I’m glad to be back in Texas after traveling most of winter break. I cannot wait to see my class on Monday!

This week in math the students reviewed odd/even numbers by talking a bout partners and teams. They also compared larger numbers and added 100 to numbers in the 900s. In writing they learned all about New Year’s Resolutions and wrote their own. In reading they compared two different versions of The Mitten.  They did a science activity with a mitten. Ask them how many bears can fit into a mitten. In science they distinguished between natural and manmade resources as well as identifies the connection between man-made resources using Earth’s materials. They were also going to learn about conservation.

 

  • From our counselor, Mrs. Moore :See the above Flyer for a food and Diaper Resource

 

No comments:

Post a Comment