About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, January 20, 2023

Week 21

 Dear Parents,

       This week in math we used our reasoning skills, compared numbers, wrote how you read a comparison answer using greater than, less than, or equal to, ordered our numbers to 1,200, and found numbers that were greater than or less than a  given number. 

         In writing and reading we began our poetry unit. We are learning to use the elements of poetry to write our very own poems! We are reading poems, visualizing, then drawing pictures of the picture the poem painted in our minds. We are collecting our work to make a poetry book.

         On Friday our focus in reading was Chinese New Year! We read a Scholastic News article, answered comprehension questions, and did many fun activities. If you visit the Panda Express at Old Denton/George Bush please thank them for their generous donation of chop sticks and fortune cookies for the entire second grade! We are making Ramen Noodles today and letting the children use chop sticks to eat them. Gung hay fat choy!

           In science this week we have been finishing up our unit on natural and man made resources with a talk read, talk, write and a Brainpop Jr. presentation on the subject. We also took our assessment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment