About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, March 10, 2023

Week 28

 Dear Parents,

       We had a great week of learning! In math we finished up our unit on three digit addition and subtraction with and without regrouping. We took our assessment on Wednesday and Thursday. 

        In writing we continued writing our rough draft about Helen Keller and revised using our transition words. We will work on publishing after Spring Break.

        In reading we read other biographies and used graphic organizers to think about the information. We learned that a biography tells important information and usually puts it in a timeline order.

        In social studies we continued using our compass rose to answer questions about maps while using the map keys.

        In science we finished our unit about weather! We looked at our data and looked for patterns. We discovered that on warm days the wind came from the south or southwest. We learned on cooler days the wind came from the north or northeast. Most cool days were cloudy, but not all. We may have some budding meteorologists in our room!

         Thank you to all of you who popped in last night for open house. Your children were so excited to show you all the hard work we’ve done this year! If you could not make it and your child was here today, their pocket of work is coming home with them.

           I hope you all have a wonderful spring break with your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment