About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Sunday, September 7, 2014

First Week

Dear Parents,
         We had a fantastic first week of school! My second graders are so well behaved and ready to learn each day. With excitement and behavior like that, we will go far in our learning this year! Today we presented the Me bag project.
         Now a few reminders: If your child forgot to bring his/her bag, please send it next Tuesday. Next week spelling lists will go home on Tuesday. Please help your child study these words throughout the week as the spell check will be eachFriday. On the attached newsletter you will find a sight word list. Each week your child will be responsible for learning to quickly read these sight words. I will check them each Friday and a record will go home. Don’t forget to help your child fill out his/her reading and math log each night. Keep the old flash cards in a separate baggie to continue to practice. A timed test will be given each Friday only over that week’s math facts. Next week we will be learning doubles. 
         I am sending a super hero poster home in the Coyote Folder to be completed and turned in by Sept. 8th. Each week a star student will be picked to present his/her poster to the class. Each child in the class will then write a page about your child. This will be made into a special book to take home. We love learning about our classmates! I am looking forward to a wonderful year!

IMPORTANT DATES:
Sept 1 No school
Sept 3 PE wear gym shoes
Sept. 4 Cub Scout meeting 6:30 in the CRE gym
Sept. 5 Please send $5.00 cash or check written to Beth Carpenter for Scholastic News (I prepaid for all the magazines with a credit card)

Sept. 10 Picture Day

No comments:

Post a Comment