About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, September 19, 2014

Week 4

Dear Parents,
   Wow!  My second graders a amazing me with their self directed skills. They are going about their work and day as if they have been in my classroom several months! There are still missing stars on behavior charts here or there, but this is just to reinforce the lessons I am teaching at school. Talking during testing, quiet reading and writing  times are what a few students are still working on. This is a process and I promise we will all get there! If your child comes home without a star, please discuss it and talk about making a better choice the next day. This chart is not meant to be a punishment, rather one of encouragement to do the right thing.
     The other thing that I would like your help with is looking carefully with your child through his/her papers sent home in the Coyote Folder  on Fridays. Please encourage your child to do his/her best work on each assignment as I will continue to encourage him/her here. Homework will start coming home more on a regular basis as soon as our beginning of the year testing is completed. Usually the reading book will go home on Mondays for the story of the week to be reread. The book will come home again on Wednesdays with vocabulary practice that goes along with the story. It is very important to go over these words as the story and vocabulary will be tested each week and are counted as separate grades. Math/ English homework practice will usually go home on Tuesdays.
   Thank you to those who made it to our first PTA meeting! It was great to see you and celebrate our first two Prideful Paw Winners: De’Andre and Jiho! It is not too late to join PTA. We are having a contest to see which classroom can get the most members  … our class would love the chance to duck tape Mrs. Jacobsen to a wall! 




Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment