About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Week Two

Dear Parents,
         I had another amazing week of learning with my class! I am commending each of you on your child's behavior and eagerness to learn. If a star was missing from your child’s behavior chart, remember that this is a time of making friends, learning routines, and getting to know the classroom rules. I have not had to do more than speak to a child to remind him/her of the rules. Everyone in my class wants to do what is right! I am so proud of them.
          Please remember to leave the reading and math logs in your child’s backpack. That way they are home each night ( Monday-Thursday) to be filled out and also in the backpack ready to be turned in each Friday morning. Please help your child fill out these charts. This teaches responsibility and is an important part of his/her learning. 
          The daily folder is our daily communication to each other. Please check it each night, removing papers and returning it to school the next day. Any papers you wish for me to receive, please send back in this folder. I check them each morning. The Coyote Ridge Elementary folder goes home only on Fridays. In this folder you will find the next week’s newsletter, graded papers from the week, as well as important flyers and notices from the school. Please remove all papers and return the folder to school on Mondays. Both folders went home this evening and are in your child’s backpack. 
           I have not posted any photographs or videos on our blog as of yet. I am waiting to hear which students have opted out of having pictures or videos taken. See the attached newsletter to see what we will be learning next week.



* Please complete the forms in the Coyote Ridge Folder and return

*Please send $5.00 cash or  check written to Beth Carpenter for Scholastic News (I have used a credit card to pay for the class)

*Thank you to Helen, Malik, Daniel, Ishan and their families for sending in wish list items for our classroom

Please contact me at any time for questions! I am always available to you!


Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment