About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, December 19, 2014

Week 16

Dear Parents,
          This week we focused on several of the gingerbread man stories. We compared/contrasted the character traits from three of the stories. We also wrote a summary on gingerbread men. In math we are continuing to add double digit numbers with models. We are comparing fall and winter in social studies. We wrote a response to our discussion and made an art project to display. I will post a picture of their work on our classroom blog. We also finished publishing our Winter acrostic using the computer in computer lab. 
       We began a new science unit on motion. The engage activity was marble painting which was lots of fun. They placed two marbles with different colored paint on them in a box and got to watch the marbles slide, turn, spin, and roll at different rates of speed as they tilted the box. We can’t wait to learn more! 

        I would like to thank Cate Crane and Veronica Cooper for making our holiday party memorable. Our holiday sing along is always so much fun. Look at the Blog to see more about these events!

No comments:

Post a Comment