About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, January 9, 2015

Week 17

Dear Parents,
          It’s been a great week back to school even with the cold weather! Your children have come back rested and ready to learn! We have been focusing on research in both reading and writing this week. We have learned how to distinguish important information and interesting details. We have also learned the steps to paraphrasing what we read and adding our own ideas to the information. Your child has chosen a famous American to research and has checked out a book at the library, if it was possible. We have been using an on-line source called facts 4 me which also has good information about our famous Americans. We have continued adding two digit numbers with regrouping in Math, but now are adding four numbers at a time!We have wrapped up our Unit on Motion. Check out the picture of our roller coaster on our Blog!
           Next week is the last week in our nine week grading period. Report Cards will be available in Skyward on Friday Jan. 23rd.


          Parents! We’re excited to host the 9-day Boosterthon Fun Run as this year’s fundraiser. We kick off the fun, healthy, and character-building program on 1-20-15. Plus, students will be learning five ways to make their community rock with Boosterthon’s character theme Rock’n Town Live, a music festival theme all about community. Along the way, students will gather pledges for how many laps they’ll run at the Boosterthon Fun Run event, which is on 1-29-15. Your family is invited to come out and cheer on your student! Please help our school by connecting your student with sponsors. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment